Despite the cancellation of the 2020 National Meeting, we are excited to announce Chapter Awards for the 2019-20 academic year.
After much deliberation—a testament to the strength of our chapters—we congratulate Pitt Katz for winning Student Chapter of the Year and Dallas for winning Professional Chapter of the Year! Thank you to all of our student and professional chapters, finalists, and members for an amazing year of programming.
What made these chapters stand out? Read below about how our Pitt Katz and Dallas chapters took leadership, marketing, engagement, and programming.
- Leadership. An innovative host committee structure resulted in a more diverse leadership team that has brought new ideas to the table, more efficient division of host committee responsibilities, and fresh opportunities for membership growth. This innovative approach yielded a 75 percent increase in membership.
- Engagement. With representation at almost every national event, chapter members have prioritized engaging with the important ideas and content that the Society offers, both in local engagement and national participation.
- Programming. The chapter planned and executed a robust slate of programming, bringing in industry leaders, economics experts, and pioneering thought leaders to engage with members on a variety of topics.
University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business
- Innovation. Pitt’s leadership team utilized local opportunities to partner creatively with other campus groups, area institutions such as the Allegheny Conference, and prominent business and government leaders. Not only did Pitt host a large number of events; its events explained the value of capitalism by exploring how private enterprise is reviving their region.
- Marketing. Pitt utilized social media consistently and imaginatively, helping to secure high turnout and engagement at their events and raising the profile of Smith Soc within the campus community as well as the Katz faculty and administration.
- Leadership. Regular communication, efficient utilization of resources, and innovative contributions from all members of their executive team led to an extremely successful second year with rapid membership growth. Their tremendous efforts embodied the ideals of Smith Soc in every way.
Congratulations to all of our student and professional chapters for a fantastic year!
Professional Chapter of the Year – 2020 Finalists
- Dallas (Winner)
- New York City
Student Chapter of the Year – 2020 Finalists
- Harvard Business School
- University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business (Winner)
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business