Principled Leadership Award
Awarded annually at the Adam Smith Society's National Meeting in New York City, the Principled Leadership Award honors thoughtful business leaders who understand the centrality of the free market in both our economic system and our civic life.
2017 Principled Leadership Award winner
Kenneth Griffin, Founder & CEO, Citadel
The 2017 Principled Leadership Award was presented to Kenneth Griffin, Founder and CEO of Citadel, at the 2017 National Meeting.
Each year, the Smith Society recognizes its highest-performing student chapters with a series of awards given at the National Meeting in New York City. The awards, and their nominations, acknowledge those chapters that have gone beyond the basics required to be a chapter in good standing. These award-winning chapters have put in maximum effort to promote the mission and message of the Adam Smith Society in their campus community.
Awards for Chapter of the Year, Best New Chapter, and Best Chapter: Marketing and On Campus Promotion are given annually. We have also created special, periodic awards for chapters that have performed one or more tasks exceptionally.
2017 Student Awards
Chapter of the Year
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business (winner)
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
Best New Chapter
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business (winner)
- Southern Methodist University Cox School of Business
- Vanderbilt University Owen School of Management
Best Chapter: Marketing & On-Campus Promotion
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business (winner)
- Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- MIT Sloan School of Management
Howard P. Milstein Fellowship
The Howard P. Milstein Fellowship is awarded to a first-year MBA student from a current Adam Smith Society chapter. The Fellowship is awarded to the author of the winning essay on a topic related to the centrality of free markets to American cultural flourishing, and the benefits of commerce for a thriving society. The Fellowship is given to the award-winner during the Adam Smith Society's annual National Meeting.