No positions available at this time.
Our internship program offers college or graduate students the opportunity to work in a diverse range of policy research, communications, and fundraising roles. Our interns work both independently and with the Society's staff, and often are involved in multiple complex projects simultaneously. Eagerness to learn, good organization skills, and strong interpersonal skills are essential traits in all Smith Society interns.
Please submit an application online using the online form below. We require one letter of a recommendation and a resume, which can also be submitted below. We will only consider complete applications. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to interview every candidate. Please consider your application received once submitted, and we will be in touch if you are selected for an interview. All questions should be directed to email@example.com
The Adam Smith Society Internship
- Help to maintain and expand the Society's social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Assist with the logistics of event planning and execution
- Research on potential speakers and venues
- Assist in the organization of membership tracking documents
- Other duties to assist staff as necessary (i.e., coordinate mailings, prepare meeting packets, etc.)
- Interest in the intersection between business and public policy
- Relentless attention given to creation of error-free work products
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects at once
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms. Graphic design experience and experience working with membership organizations a plus
- Fall Internship (lasting from early September - mid/late December): July 31
- Spring Internship (lasting from early January - mid/late May): November 15
- Summer Internship (lasting from early June - mid/late August): March 15
Please check this space periodically for additional career opportunities with the Smith Society. For career opportunities with the Manhattan Institute, please visit this page.