Join the Adam Smith Society
Becoming a member of the Adam Smith Society is more than just joining a club. Your Smith Soc membership gives you access to an expansive network of other MBA students and professionals who, like you, value debate and discussion about the moral, social, and economic benefits of capitalism. To support and promote these ideas in mainstream conversation, we value committed members like you.
As a paid member, you will be able to:
- Attend both private and large-scale events, including salon dinners and debates about a range of policy issues, and discussions about the relationship between the economy, government, and society
- Hear directly from distinguished business and thought-leaders, such as Paul Singer, Ken Griffin, Carly Fiorina, David Booth, and so many more
- Connect with leading experts from across the globe who share an interest in ideas and a passion for the free market
- Become a part of the greater community of the Manhattan Institute—the nation’s leading public policy think tank and home of the Adam Smith Society. Read more about how Manhattan Institute and the Adam Smith Society are connected.
To join, renew, or upgrade, pick the level that’s right for you and start enjoying the benefits of membership today!
Questions? Visit our FAQs page or download our one-pager below.
The Adam Smith Society is a project of the Manhattan Institute, a qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions to MI, including membership dues to the Adam Smith Society, are tax-deductible. EIN #13-2912529
Student Member $10 SIGN UPAccess to national Smith Soc programming and events*Members receive:
- Connection to exclusive network of members, business leaders, and influencers
- Access to on- and off-campus events**
- Opportunity to attend the annual Smith Soc National Meeting in NYC with partial travel reimbursement
- Ability to apply for exclusive, destination-based treks, retreats, and competitions
- Access to our members-only portal via the Adam Smith Society website
- Membership-wide Smith Soc newsletter
- A free copy of the book What Adam Smith Knew – the official Smith Soc reader
** Paid national membership is not required to attend local student chapter events; however, it is required to be eligible for opportunities at the national level.
General Member $50 SIGN UP
Premium Member $250 SIGN UPComplimentary access to Smith Soc professional events and premium Manhattan Institute contentMembers receive:
- All General Member benefits (listed above), plus:
- Complimentary access to professional chapter events in the cities of your choice (no event fee)*
- Reciprocal Manhattan Institute membership, at Supporter level:
Executive Member $1,000 SIGN UPVIP-status membership within Smith Soc and Manhattan Institute networksMembers receive:
- All Premium Member benefits (listed above), plus;
- Ability to bring one guest (free of charge) to Smith Soc professional chapter events*
- Private VIP reception at National Meeting
- Guaranteed spot at National Meeting
- Guaranteed spot at one Smith Soc trek**
- Free copies of books published by Manhattan Institute scholars
- Reciprocal Manhattan Institute membership, at Benefactor level:
** One trek per active membership year; chosen by national office.
Investor $5,000Become a Smith Soc Investor to drive and support Society endeavors and special projects
Inquire about rewarding advisory and investment opportunities within the Adam Smith Society (212-599-7000) | firstname.lastname@example.org
There are special benefits available for members taking on leadership roles within Smith Soc as student chapter leaders and professional host committee members! Professional host committees are chosen through an invitation-only process. To find out more and apply, email us today.