The Adam Smith Society has launched virtual programming, a series of interactive online video briefings by policy experts on a variety of topics including the many dimensions of the evolving coronavirus crisis.
As many of us work and study from home, we invite you to take a “Smith Soc break” from your day—and join us to explore fresh insights and perspectives from our lineup of leading experts.
Sign up for upcoming sessions and watch our previous eventcasts in the playlist below.
Join as a member to experience future events.
- Entrepreneurship and Opportunity in America with John James (May 11, 2021)
- “The Third Pillar” with Raghuram Rajan (May 6, 2021)
- Should Congress Raise the Minimum Wage?: A Debate with Lee Ohanian, Daron Acemoglu, Eric Morath (April 7, 2021)
- The Importance of the Free Market in Africa with Marian Tupy and Somachi Chris-Asoluka (March 30, 2021)
- The Fiscal Response to Covid: Successes, Missteps, and the Best Path Forward with Betsey Stevenson, Casey B. Mulligan, and Allison Schrager (February 23, 2021)
- How Does the FDA Fare in Its Oversight of Drug and Vaccine Development? with Richard A. Epstein and James R. Copland (December 9, 2020)
- Opportunity and Race: The Role of Capitalism with Glenn Loury, Jason Riley, and Rafael Mangual (November 11, 2020)
- Stakeholder Capitalism and the Future of American Democracy with Vivek Ramaswamy (August 24, 2020)
- The Unelected with James Copland (August 11, 2020)
- Protecting Private Enterprise During the Coronavirus Recovery with George Will (July 16, 2020)
- Charting a Way Forward for America's Cities with Ed Glaeser (June 25, 2020)
- Game of Loans: The Rhetoric and Reality of Student Debt with Beth Akers (June 10, 2020)
- Value Investing in the Post-Coronavirus Era with Kevin Oram (May 21, 2020)
- Big Business: A Love Letter to an American Anti-Hero with Tyler Cowen (May 14, 2020)
- Insights from the Front Lines: A Conversation with PwC’s Turnaround and Restructuring Leader with Steve Fleming (May 7, 2020)
- Coronavirus and its Implications for Telehealth with Sebastian Seiguer (April 30, 2020)
- Adam Smith, Capitalism, and the Good Life with Ryan Hanley (April 23, 2020)
- Rapid Response: Tailoring Policy and Targeting Innovation in the Post-Virus World with Dr. Simon Johnson (April 15, 2020)
- The Economics of Risk: How Companies Respond to Shocks with Allison Schrager (April 9, 2020)
- The New Oil Supply Wars: Causes and Implications for Global Energy with Mark P. Mills (April 2, 2020)
- Coronavirus: Fallout and Implications for Cities and the Economy with Nicole Gelinas (March 26, 2020)